The museum is open Thursday - Saturday throughout the year. We're also open additional days seasonally, please see specifics below.
If you're interested in bringing a class, a scout group, a moms group or other organized group, please visit our education page for information about field trips and group tours.
Check our Events Calendar for special activities which may include events with Sunday hours.
|Month||Days open|| Full Scale (big)
|January-February||Thursday - Saturday||Saturdays only||Sat Only|
|March - May||Wednesday - Saturday||Thur -Sat||Sat Only|
|June - July||Tuesday - Saturday||Tues -Sat||Sat Only|
|August - December||Wednesday - Saturday||Thur - Sat||Sat Only|
|Seniors (Ages 65+)||$8.00|
|Children (Ages 2-12)||$7.00|
|Children (Under 2)||Free|
|NRHS Members (with card)||Buy one, get one free|
|Historic Train rides||$3|
|Park train Rides||$3|
|Combo train Rides - One ride each train purchased together||$5|
There is a group discount of $2 off of regular admission per person for groups of 12 or more. Guided tours rates on the tours page already include this discount.
Train rides will be complimentary with birthday parties, hosted group tours, and certain special events.
The museum is physically located at: 3595 Buford Hwy., Duluth, GA 30096.
Please do NOT send mail to this address, please use our PO box instead
- The museum is a rail and transportation museum hosted in a former industrial site. There is a significant amount of walking involved in visiting the museum and there is a mixture of walking surfaces. For your safety we recommend closed toe, flat, shoes and we recommend avoiding flip flops and sandals.
- We also ask that children refrain from running at all times.
- Please do NOT place items on the rail. The uneven surfaces can cause items you're trying to see mashed flat turn into projectiles and injure someone.
- Please stay at least 5 feet away from the tracks when the train is moving.
- Please do NOT venture outside the front fence. The mainline is owned and operated by Norfolk Southern Railway.
The following hotel is conveniently located to the museum and has agreed to a promotional rate for museum visitors. Please contact the hotel directly for the local negotiated rate as it's NOT in the central system.
- 5395 Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Norcross Ga, 30092
The following hotels are conveniently located to the museum.
- Holiday Inn Select - Norcross - (770) 448-4400
- Atlanta Marriott - Gwinnett Place - (770) 923-1775
- Holiday Inn Express - Duluth - (770) 935-7171
- Ramada Hotel - Duluth - (770) 476-1211
- Wellesley Inn & Suites - Gwinnett Mall - (770) 623-6800
After your visit to the Southeastern Railway Museum, you might want to visit some of these local attractions:
- Atlanta History Center - Museum and grounds dedicated to the history of Atlanta and the region. Has a great exhibit on railroads in Atlanta.
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History - a good place for kids of all ages
- Stone Mountain Park - One of Atlanta's most visited parks with fun attractions including a train ride around the mountain.
- See Atlanta Parent Magazine (opens a new window) for other kid friendly ideas. Copies are available at the museum.
- For general, around Georgia activites Guide to Georgia magazine (also available at the museum) carries a wide spectrum of events.